Problem Solver - Plastisol
The coating of components with PVC plastisols to the trade is an unique process. This process involves the coating of metalwork which results in a very thick 'rubbery' type of coating from 1.5 mm up to 5mm depending upon the mass of the component being processed.
Stage 1 - Preparation
Wash surface down with detergent or sugar soap
Tetrion Ready to use Sugar Soap 500ML
- Specially formulated to clean and prepare surfaces prior to repainting and provides an excellent key for a new coat of paint.
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
Depending on surface substrate check condition and carry out any remedial works required to make sound
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Once the surface is clean and all loose material has been removed, treat with a suitable primer and allow to dry.
Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 White 1L
- Fast drying, excellent adhesion, for interior and exterior use
Apply a suitable undercoat
Albany Undercoat White 1L
- Excellent covering power, finish for interior and exterior use on wood and metal. Perfect for new work and redecoration.
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply an appropriate topcoat and allow to dry, followed by a 2nd coat to finish.
Albany Gloss Brilliant White 1L
- Oil based, high opacity, gloss finish for interior and exterior woodwork & metalwork