- Age restriction
- You must be 18 years or older to buy this product.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other loose material.
All paints should be removed from surfaces where the adhesive will make contact.
Metal surfaces, such as stair nosings, should be degreased with detergent and water or an appropriate degreaser.
New concrete and plaster should be allowed to dry fully before using Evo-Stik Gripfill.
Porous surfaces such as plaster and fibre cement board should first be primed with Bostik PVA (diluted 1:5 with clean water) and allowed to dry thoroughly before Gripfill is applied. Building panels should be cut to shape beforehand.
- Fix the cartridge into the extruder. Cut the nozzle to the desired width and angle and push a nail through the nozzle to break the seal at the base.
- Best results are achieved by applying beads of Evo-Stik Gripfill onto one surface only.
- Apply a 6mm diameter "zig-zag" bead along the length of the item to be bonded.
- On large panels apply bead around the edge and across the panel at approximately 400mm intervals.
- Then using a twisting action, press the other surface into position to maximize surface contact and grab. Press surfaces together firmly for 30 seconds.
- Some support may be necessary for up to 24 hours.
- Cold, damp conditions or thick layers of adhesive will greatly extend drying times.
Uncured adhesive may be removed using cloths lightly moistened with white spirit, after carefully scraping off the bulk. Cured adhesive can only be mechanically removed i.e. cutting, sanding, scraping.