Albany Acrylic Gloss is a medium VOC content gloss finish. It is a washable product which is thinned with water and is applied by brush, roller or spray. It is suitable for interior and exterior use. It is touch dry in 2 hours and recoatable after 6 hours. Water based gloss is a tough, durable high sheen finish for wood and metal, which is non-yellowing and provides good resistance to knocking and scuffing.It can be applied over most previously painted surfaces without an undercoat. On new surfaces apply over the top of a suitable primer and undercoat.
- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, HVLP Spray, Roller
- Up to 13sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 4-8 hours
- Colour type
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany Acrylic Gloss is water-borne, self undercoating and dries quickly with little odour. It is suitable for interior and exterior use on a wide variety of surfaces where a durable, subtle finish is required. This flexible system does not crack or blister allowing moisture vapours to escape from the substrate without damaging the paint film.
Previous gloss or eggshell finishes should be thoroughly abraded to provide a key. Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease or dust. Any new or bare surfaces should be primed with Albany Acrylic Undercoat. Bare metals should first be primed with an Albany Metal Primer. Putty must not be painted until a surface skin has formed.
Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Stir well before use. Apply by brush, roller or spray.
- Apply two full coats, the first as an undercoat. Avoid overspreading.
- After coating keep windows open as long as possible to avoid sticking.
- May be thinned, depending on the surface porosity, with up to 5% clean water.
- Do not use over paints containing aluminium or zinc as a pigment.
- Avoid using during periods of high humidity or in temperatures below 8°C.
- One litre covers up to 13 square metres, depending on surface texture, porosity and method of application.
- Surface dry in 2 hours. Recoatable after 6 hours.
- Clean equipment immediately after use with water.