- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller
- Up to 16sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Up to 10 years
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Weathershield All Seasons Smooth Masonry Gloss from Dulux Trade is a flexible solvent-based masonry paint, ideal for use on exterior masonry. Based on patented AkzoNobel technology, this high gloss finish provides excellent durability. Easy to apply with excellent opacity. It contains a fungicide to inhibit mould growth on the paint film and is not prone to yellowing. Weathershield All Seasons Smooth Masonry Gloss may be applied to surfaces previously painted with masonry paint, including solvent-based finishes.
To get the best results, ensure surfaces to be painted are sound, clean and dry (new surfaces particularly must be fully dry). Remove all loose or defective paint or powdery residues by thorough brushing and scraping, using a stiff fibre brush. Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead. As with other solvent-based paints, do not use when the temperature is below 5ºC (as recommended by British Standard BS6150).
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- Brush or roller only.
- Seal new or bare surfaces with a thinned first coat of Weathershield All Seasons Smooth Masonry Gloss (up to 1 part white spirit to 10 parts paint).
- Surfaces that remain powdery, friable or chalky after thorough preparation should be sealed with a coat of Weathershield Stabilising Primer.
- The normal finishing process is 2 full coats of Weathershield All Seasons Smooth Masonry Gloss, but on previously painted surfaces in good condition, where similar colours are used, 1 coat may be sufficient.
- This product is suitable for application to surfaces previously painted with masonry paint, including solvent-based finishes.
- For best colour consistency, purchase sufficient tinted paint for each job including touch-in at one time from the same source.
After use, remove as much product as possible from equipment before cleaning with brush cleaner. When this paint container is empty please ask your stockist about recycling.