- Up to 0.2sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Do not thin
- Touch dry
- 12-24 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior use
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Dulux Trade Plus ThermaCoat+ is a revolutionary insulating coating that has been scientifically proven to permanently reduce heat loss, improve room warm-up times and help cut energy bills. Dulux Trade Plus ThermaCoat+ enables professionals to create warmer, more comfortable spaces. Dulux Trade Plus ThermaCoat+ is a lightweight paste that forms a thick insulating layer which can also repair cracks up to 5mm deep and smooth textured surfaces. The formulation has been designed for one-off interior application to exterior-facing walls using the bespoke Dulux Trade Plus ThermaCoat+ Comb, Dulux Trade Plus Levelling Fleece and Dulux Trade Plus Smooth & Protect+. Dulux Trade Plus ThermaCoat+ is part 1 of the 3 part system.
Ensure surface and structure is firm, sound, clean, dry and free from efflorescence and other loose particles. Remove any wallpaper. Repair any structural faults. Remove any instances of damp, mould and condensation, prevent reoccurrence and seal any stains. To get the best results, remove radiators and any other non-fixed objects. Cover all remaining fixtures, tape joints, fittings, furniture and carpets. For holes and cracks greater than 5mm use appropriate Polycell Trade filler and allow to dry before application.
We recommend reading the data sheets for full information before use.
- Working in 1.5m sections apply approx. 10mm thick layer of Dulux Trade Plus ThermaCoat+ using Dulux Trade Plus ThermaCoat+ Comb from the bottom of the wall to the top.
- Tip: Heavily load tool to aid application and spread the coating vertically or horizontally using the teeth until a consistent pattern is achieved. Place the Dulux Trade Plus Levelling Fleece over the area and gently push onto the surface until it adheres.
- Use the Dulux Trade Plus Levelling Tool to gently distribute the coating, spreading an even layer across the substrate.
- When additional fleeces are needed overlap by 15cm, perform a double cut using a wavy line through both fleeces and remove upper and lower strip.
- Then smooth the area along the seam.
- Tip: While wet you can pull off the Dulux Trade Plus Levelling Fleece and add/remove product using a filling knife if required. Leave to dry overnight (minimum 12 hours depending on conditions).
- Once dry apply a thin (1mm) layer of Dulux Trade Plus Smooth & Protect+ using a plastic spatula to provide a tough, durable finish.
- Leave to dry (minimum 12 hours) before lightly sanding with very fine (240+ Grit) sandpaper and painting with any suitable interior Dulux Trade emulsion (for best results thin first coat up to 1 part clean water to 10 parts paint).
- Please note the system can take up to 7 days to fully cure and gain full strength. For further application advice e.g. applying around windows or reveals please see Dulux Trade Plus ThermaCoat+ Product