- Application Methods
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Up to 10 years
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Sandtex Trade Metalgloss X-tra and Rust Inhibiting Primer Undercoat is a high performance exterior solvent-borne gloss system specially formulated to provide long lasting protection for all exterior metalwork. Sandtex Trade Metalgloss X-tra provides exceptional durability to last up to 10 years.
All surfaces must be clean and free from anything that will interfere with the adhesion of the materials to be applied.
Remove all loose, suspect coatings and failing paint. Remove all surface rust by scraping, chipping and wire brushing and in severe cases, blast cleaning may be required. Feather edges of sound paint with abrasive paper. Remove all dust. Wash with hot water and liquid detergent solution to remove all oil/grease and any other contaminants, frequently changing the water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove all residues. Allow to dry. Spot prime all bare metal within the working day with one coat of Sandtex Trade Rust Inhibiting Primer Undercoat. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. For further information contact our Customer Relations Team.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- Apply by brush or roller evenly and without over spreading to the prepared surface.
- Apply one coat of Sandtex Trade Rust Inhibiting Primer Undercoat followed by one or two coats of Sandtex Trade Metalgloss X-tra as necessary.
- Some strong colours may require an additional coat to ensure complete obliteration.
- On redecoration where the colour is unchanged, Sandtex Trade Rust Inhibiting Primer Undercoat is not required.
- Do not apply if there is a risk of rain or if air/surface temperature is likely to fall below 8°C or when the relative humidity is above 80% during the application or drying period.
- Always intermix packs for colour consistency. Please check for colour accuracy prior to application. Crown Paints Ltd is not liable for decorating costs caused as a result of an incorrect colour being applied.
Spreading Capacity: 15-18m² per litre on a smooth surface.
Drying Time: Touch dry in 4-6 hours in good drying conditions. Recoatable after 16 hours if required.
Cleaning: Clean equipment with a proprietary cleaner immediately after use.
Transportation and Storage
Ensure this pack is stored upright and secure at all times. Crown Paints Ltd cannot accept liability for damage caused by spillage. Do not store below 5°C or above 40°C.