- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller
- Up to 7sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior and exterior use
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Earthborn Ecopro Silicate Masonry Paint is a highly durable mineral paint that dries to a traditional matt finish. Highly breathable yet water resistant, it offers an alternative to lime based and conventional coatings. Used with Ecopro Silicate Primer it creates a permanent chemical bond with mineral substrates, resulting in a very long service life. Can be used on internal or external mineral surfaces.
Product data sheet available on request. Must only be used on porous mineral-based surfaces e.g. stone, masonry, pebble dash, render and plaster surfaces. Not suitable for use over non-mineral coatings e.g. conventional masonry paint. Surfaces must be clean, dry and dust / grease free. All non-mineral coatings and unstable material must be removed completely. We recommend coats of water-soluble distempers and lime paint/ wash are removed or washed down thoroughly. New lime render / plaster must be fully cured before priming (approximately 4 weeks per 5mm). NOTE: All adjacent glass, metal, ceramic etc. must be protected to avoid permanent damage.
- Do not apply if temperature is below 8°C or expected to fall below 8°C within 24 hours of application.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- Stir well before and during use. Paint can be applied with brush, roller or spray gun.
- First prime with a single coat of Ecopro Silicate Primer followed by two coats of Ecopro Silicate Masonry Paint (first coat must be diluted with 10-20% Ecopro Silicate Printer).
- Apply paint spreading evenly, ensuring a 'wet edge' is maintained and complete each wall / section in one go.
- Apply the second coat in the opposite direction to the first coat.
- Ensure each coat is dry before applying the next coat.