- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller
- Up to 10sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Do not thin
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Hammerite Brush Cleaner & Thinners
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Smooth Black is available in 930 colours from the Hammerite Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
- Abrade smooth surfaces and remove all loose rust and flaking paint with a wire brush.
- Remove dirt, dust, and grease with diluted detergent. Rinse with clean water and allow time to dry.
- Paint a test patch of Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint onto painted surfaces and leave for 1 hour. If there is no reaction apply Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint directly to surface.
- If there is a reaction, remove all paint before applying Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint.
- On bare zinc, aluminium and galvanised surfaces; apply Hammerite Special Metals Primer before applying Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint.
- Ideal application temperature = 8°C to 25°C.
- Lightly stir before use. Do not mix vigorously.
- Do not thin. On previously painted metal in sound condition, 1 coat should be sufficient.
- On bare/rusty metal, 2 coats are required.
- Ensure that all edges and corners are adequately covered.
- Do not over-apply, as sagging will occur.
Cleaning and Storage
- After use, remove as much paint as possible from brushes before cleaning with Hammerite Brush Cleaner & Thinners.
- Do not use or store in extremes of temperature.
- 1-2 Hours
- 4 hours