- Application Methods
- Brush, Spray
- Up to 12sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 4-8 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Up to 5 years
- Dazzling Yellow
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Water & Detergent
Cuprinol Garden Shades Matt (Ready Mixed) is available in 44 colours from the Cuprinol Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
Cuprinol Garden Shades has been specially developed to colour and protect sheds, fences and other garden wood. Its special pigments ensure a rich colour and allow the natural texture of the woodgrain to shine through. It can also be applied on terracotta, brick and stone, bringing out beautiful rich colour into the garden.
Read the Health, Safety and Environment information opposite. All surfaces should be clean (free from dirt, algae, grease and flaking paint) and dry. Remove any algae, lichen or fungi using an appropriate fungicidal wash or clearner designed for the job.
- Test a small area first for colour and adhesion: Colour the final colour will depend upon the type of surface, previous treatment and number of coats applied. If using more than one can it is advisable to mix them together in a container or finish in a corner before starting a new can. Adhesion: if adhesion is inadequate on previously coated surfaces, lightly sand before application.
- Untreated wood: should be pre-treated prior to adhesion test with an appropriate wood preserver to prevent rot and decay.
- Previously coated wood: loose, flaking paint should be stripped back to bare wood.
Application by brush
- Stir thoroughly before and during use.
Application by spray (for wood only)
- Refer to the Cuprinol sprayer instructions leaflet before use.
- Stir thoroughly before pouring contents into a Cuprinol sprayer. Overspraying surrounding areas can be minimized by avoiding spraying in windy conditions and by using cardboard or plastic as a shield. Any overspray should be cleaned up immediately (whilst still wet) with water and household detergent.
Minimum of two coats required. Subsequent coats MUST be applied on the same day no longer than 8 hours apart. If not possible, lightly sand down surfaces before recoat to ensure adhesion.