- Up to 13sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
Albany Polyurethane Varnish produces a clear, highly durable finish on interior woodwork. It is easy to apply, washable and resists knocks, scratches and hot drinks.
Surfaces to be varnished must be clean, dry and free from any wax, grease or dust.
Existing varnish: Wash down with liquid detergent solution. Thoroughly abrade whilst damp with a fine grade wet or dry abrasive paper in the direction of the grain. Rinse with clean water. Allow to dry.
New woodwork: De-oil resinous woods with Methylated Spirits and allow to dry. Rub down with a fine grade wet or dry abrasive paper in the direction of the grain and dust off. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Stir well before use.
- Apply two coats over existing varnish or three coats on new woodwork, rubbing down lightly between coats.
- Use a good quality brush.
- Recoatable after 16 hours.
- Do not use in excessively humid conditions, or where temperatures are likely to drop below 8°C.
- 1 litre covers up to 15 square metres depending on surface texture and porosity.
- Dusty atmospheres should be avoided where possible.
- Clean equipment with a proprietary cleaner immediately after use.