- Application Methods
- Up to 13sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
Albany Yacht Varnish is specially formulated for use on interior and exterior woodwork to provide a clear high-build gloss finish. It is suitable for timber which is exposed to marine environments but not for timber continuously immersed in salt or fresh water.
Surfaces to be varnished must be clean, dry and free from any wax, grease or dust. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. Existing Varnish: Remove all oil residues with clean Methylated Spirits and use clean water to remove all salt deposits. Allow the surface to dry then thoroughly abrade with a suitable abrasive paper in the direction of the grain. Dust off.
New Woodwork: Thoroughly de-oil resinous woods with Methylated Spirits using a succession of clean cloths. Allow to dry. Thoroughly rub down with a fine grade wet and dry abrasive paper in the direction of the grain and dust off.
- Existing Varnish: Apply up to three unthinned coats, rubbing down lightly between each coat.
- Use a good quality brush.
- One litre covers up to 13 sq metres.
- Recoatable after 16 hours.
- Clean equipment immediately after use with a proprietary brush cleaner.
- Do not use in excessively humid conditions or where temperature is likely to drop below 8°C.