- Application Methods
- Up to 14sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-6 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
Timber must be clean, dry, smooth and free from any contamination such as oils, grease, loose or flaking varnish and denatured timber that may affect the performance. Remove excess resin from knots and clean with methylated spirit.
Due to its orange/brown colour Blackfriar Patent Knotting should not be used under Exterior Varnish.
Oily woods should be thoroughly cleaned with a cloth impregnated with white spirit to remove natural oils. Remove old varnish completely and then treat as new timber. Any French Polishes must also be completely removed.
- Apply two coats by brush.
- Work into all areas of detail and joints.
- Allow to dry fully between coats.
- Do not apply the system to damp wood as this will minit penetration and affect durability.
Remove as much product as possible from the application equipment before washing with white spirit.
Do not empty into drains or water courses. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings.