Does exactly what it says on the tin.
UV protection resists colour fade.
Waterproofs and resists cracking, peeling & blistering.
Rainproof in 90 minutes.
Ronseal Decking Stain provides a rich depth of colour, protects your deck against weathering and foot traffic and is rainproof in just 90 minutes. Our tough and durable formula waterproofs to resist cracking, peeling and blistering, while added UV protection resists colour fade.
Ridged or smooth hardwood and softwood decking.
Suitable for use on untreated or previously stained or weathered decking.
This 2.5L pack is normally sufficient to coat:
Ridged boards - 2 coats - up to 8m².
Smooth planed boards - 2 coats - up to 10m².
Rainproof in 90 minutes. Re-coat in 4 hours. Allow 24 hours before subjecting to foot traffic.
Brushes wash out in warm water and detergent.
Old decking: Use Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver to remove any dust, grease, oil, mildew, algae and other contaminants. Remove any loose, flaking or peeling coatings. For best results and to avoid patchiness remove all previous coatings. Ensure the ends are adequately protected using Ronseal Decking End Grain Protector.
New wood: New decking timber should be allowed to weather naturally (usually 6 months) to ensure any pre-treatment has sufficiently eroded, allowing penetration and adhesion of the stain. Clean the decking with Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver, using a scrubbing brush to open the pores of the wood and remove any contamination from the manufacture of the decking. Then rinse thoroughly with clean water, ideally using a pressure washer and allow to dry completely before overcoating. Test effectiveness of cleaning by splashing the deck with water, if beading occurs, re-clean. Retest prior to applying Decking Stain.
The shade label indicates approximate colour only. We recommend you test a small area to determine the final colour which may be influenced by the texture, grain, colour, porosity, type of wood and previous treatment.
- Ensure decking is thoroughly dry. Do not apply in damp conditions or when rain is likely before product has dried. Do not apply below 10°C.
- Stir thoroughly before and during use. Do not dilute.
- Use a good quality wide brush designed for the application of water based finishes. Apply liberally to ensure that even penetration and complete coverage of the decking is achieved. Ensure the leading edge is distributed evenly. Always work along the grain.
- When applying to deck boards, treat 3-4 boards at a time to avoid overlap marks.
- We recommend 2 coats, however, to achieve a deeper colour you can apply a third coat. For maximum protection apply to all sides and ends of the decking.
Remove as much decking stain as possible from brushes before cleaning. Clean brushes with water and detergent. Do not empty into drains or watercourses. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings.
Decking treated with Ronseal Decking Stain can be cleaned using Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver. Inspect the coating on an annual basis and re-coat when necessary.