- Application Methods
- Up to 14sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- Up to 1 hour
- 4-8 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Water & Detergent
Rustins Quick Dry Outdoor Woodstain Satin is available in 7 colours from the Rustins Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
Rustins Outdoor Wood Stain is a quick drying water-based acrylic decorative finish in attractive semi-transparent wood shades which will give long lasting protection to all external wood, allowing the natural grain to show through.
The surface must be clean and free from dust, dirt and grease. Previously coated surfaces should be rubbed down to provide a key, but if the old finish is not in good condition, remove with Strypit Paint and Varnish Stripper. Do not use a blow lamp or caustic strippers. Wood should be smooth and sound prior to application.
- Stir well before use.
- Apply liberally across the grain with a full brush using the largest brush practical for the job.
- Synthetic soft tipped brushes designed for water based varnishes are recommended. Finish by brushing lightly with the grain taking care not to over brush.
- Try to keep a wet edge as overlapping a dry film will produce a darker patch as will drips and runs.
- The first coat may be thinned with up to 15% water if applying in very warm conditions.
- Do not apply to warm surfaces or in strong direct sunlight if possible.
- If the first coat raises the grain, sand lightly with fine abrasive paper before applying another coat. Bare wood requires 3 coats.
- If the desired colour is achieved with just 1 or 2 coats, use Rustins Outdoor Clear Varnish to a total of 3 coats.
- If the wood is porous or weathered extra coats may be required.
- The final colour will depend on the original colour of the wood and the number of coats applied.
- Do not use below 10°C, in damp conditions or if rain is imminent.