- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller
- Up to 13sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Do not thin
- Touch dry
- Up to 1 hour
- 1-4 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior use
- Cellulose Thinners or Methylated Spirits
If you are using more than one batch of varnish in the same area, please ensure you use packs from the same batch number shown on the barcode label.
Sadolin PV67 Heavy Duty Varnish is a 2 pack varnish, achieving a highly professional finish. It is available in a dear gloss or satin finish and is a fast drying, add-catalysed varnish for use on flooring and all other interior timber. The PV67 Heavy Duty Varnish system comprises a satin or gloss varnish base with hardener and is ideal for use on high traffic areas, providing excellent protection against spills, scratches and scuffing. PV67 Heavy Duty Varnish is also ideal for use on furniture, and other interior timber, where a hard-wearing finish is required. Some timbers, in particular pine with a high proportion of heartwood, may darken on application. Timber is a natural and highly variable material, The degree of colour change is unpredictable, and therefore a trial application is strongly recommended.
Remove any previous finish and surface irregularities using a drum sander. Surfaces previously coated with PV67 may only require a light sanding. Use a small electric sander or sand by hand to finish off around the edges. Remove all sanding dust by vacuuming. Degrease oily or resinous timbers by wiping over with a lint free cloth dampened with cellulose thinners or methylated spirits. Allow to dry thoroughly.
If the timber requires staining: Apply one coat only of Sadolin Classic, and allow to dry for at least 3-5 days before applying PV67. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Stir each component well before mixing. Mix sufficient material for one coat (see coverage details below) in a ratio of ten parts varnish to one part hardener by volume, using an acid and solvent resistant container. Ensure this is well mixed before and during application.
- Application of PV67 Heavy Duty Varnish is recommended between 18-25°C and not above 65% relative humidity. Do not apply at temperatures below 10°C or above 30°C. or where the relative humidity is greater than 80%.
- Good ventilation at ground floor level must be maintained during application, and while the coating is drying.
- Use a wide bristled brush or a suitable roller to apply. For easier application pour a small quantity of material onto the surface then spread evenly with a roller or brush. Brush or roll out evenly in the direction of the grain.
- Sand lightly between coats if there is any raised grain.
- Remove any surface dust before applying further coats.
- Apply 3 coats.
- To ensure thorough curing, avoid any heavy traffic to the surface for at least 8 hours after the final coat.
- Do not install furniture until 24 hours after application. Do not install rugs until one week after application.