Albany Vinyl Silk is a low VOC content silk finish. It is a washable product which is thinned with water and is applied by brush, roller or spray. It is suitable for interior use. This product is touch dry in 2 hours and recoatable after 4 hours.
Silk emulsion is a decorative coating providing a mid sheen finish for use on walls and ceilings. Washable products are ideal for medium traffic areas such as lounges and bedrooms.
It can be applied to coated plaster surfaces without thinning. On new plaster, it is ideal to use a thinned first coat of matt emulsion or contract emulsion as a priming coat, prior to finishing with silk emulsion.
- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, HVLP Spray, Roller
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Colour type
- Ready mixed
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany Vinyl Silk is suitable for a wide variety of new or previously painted interior wall surfaces where a mid sheen finish is required.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease or dust. Remove all loose material. Defective paint must be removed and the surface primed if necessary with the appropriate Albany Primer. Glossy surfaces should be thoroughly abraded before application to ensure good adhesion. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Stir well before use. Apply by brush, roller or spray.
- For best results 2 coats are recommended.
- For new dry plaster or highly porous surfaces, dilute 40% by volume with clean water for first coat only as a primer.
- Avoid using during periods of high humidity or in temperatures below 8°C.
- One litre covers up to 15 sq metres, depending upon surface texture, porosity and the method of application.
- Surface dry in 2 hours. Recoatable after 4 hours.
- Clean equipment immediately after use with water.