Albany Acrylic Eggshell is a medium VOC content eggshell finish. It is a scrubbable product which is thinned with water and is applied by brush, roller or airless spray and is suitable for interior use. It is touch dry in 2 hours and recoatable after 6 hours. Being a water based eggshell it is a tough, durable low sheen finish for interior plaster and wood. With a highly scrubbable finish it is an ideal product for high traffic areas such as hallways, kitchens and bathrooms.It can be applied over most previously painted surfaces without an undercoat.On new plaster surfaces thin the first coat with water to the manufacturers recommendations.On new wooden surfaces apply over the top of a suitable primer.
- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, HVLP Spray, Roller
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 4-8 hours
- Brilliant White
- Colour type
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany Acrylic Eggshell is suitable for interior use on a wide variety of surfaces where a durable hardwearing mid sheen finish is required.
It is non yellowing and dries with very little odour.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease or dust. Any new or bare surfaces should be primed with Albany Acrylic Basecoat. Bare metals should first be primed with an Albany Metal Primer.
Special precautions should be taken during preparation of pre-1960's paint surfaces as they may contain harmful lead. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Stir well before use. Apply by brush, roller or spray.
- Apply two full coats. Avoid overspreading.
- May be thinned, for porous surfaces with up to 10% clean water.
- Do not use over paints containing aluminium or zinc as a pigment.
- Avoid using during periods of high humidity or in temperatures below 8°C.
- One litre covers up to 15 square metres, depending on surface texture, porosity and method of application.
- Surface dry in 2 hours. Recoatable after 6 hours.
- Clean equipment immediately after use with water.