- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, Roller
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior and exterior use
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany All Purpose. Primer is suitable for softwood and hardwood joinery, many building boards and dry, aged plaster as well as iron and steel, most non-ferrous metals and weathered galvanised steelwork. It may also be applied to new galvanised steel once the surface has been satisfactorily treated with mordant solution / T Wash.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease or dust. All loose material and defective paint must be removed. Remove rust from all metalwork to produce a clean surface. Treat all knots with two coats of knotting solution.
Any grey or denatured timber should be sanded back to a clean smooth surface. Wood should have a moisture content of below 18%.
Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Stir well before use. Apply by brush or roller.
- Application by brush is recommended for better penetration of timber surfaces.
- On most areas one coat will normally suffice.
- Avoid using during periods of high humidity or in temperatures below 8°C.
- One litre covers up to 15 sq metres depending upon surface texture, porosity and the method of application. On metalwork one litre covers up to 18 sq metres depending on the surface texture.
- Touch dry in 6-8 hours. Recoatable after 16 hours.
- Clean equipment immediately after use with a proprietary cleaner.