- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, Roller
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 8-12 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior and exterior use
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany All Purpose Primer is suitable for softwood and hardwood joinery, many building boards and aged plaster as well as iron and steel, most non-ferrous metals and weathered galvanised steelwork. It may also be applied to new galvanised steel once the surface has been satisfactorily treated with mordant solution (T-wash).
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, grease, rust, millscale, loose or flaking materials. Treat all knots with two coats of a proprietary brand of knotting solution. Remove corrosion from all metalwork to produce a clean surface. Any previous wall systems must be scraped back to a firm edge. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. Timber exposed to weather for 4 weeks or more will require sanding to a clean surface.
• Stir well before use. Apply by brush, roller or spray.
• Brushing is recommended for better penetration of timber surfaces.
• One litre covers up to 15 sq metres on timber and plaster depending on the texture and porosity. On metalwork one litre covers up to 18 sq metres depending on surface texture.
• Surface dry in 6-8 hours. Recoatable after 16 hours.
• Clean equipment immediately after use with a proprietary cleaner.
• Do not apply when air or substrate temperature is likely to fall below 8°C or when relative humidity is above 80% during application or drying period.
Transportation and Storage
Ensure this pack is stored upright and secure at all times. C Brewer & Sons Limited cannot accept liability for damage caused by spillage. Protect this pack from temperatures below 50°C or above 40°C.