- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller
- Up to 6sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany Stabilising Solution is suitable for exterior use on correctly' prepared surfaces prior to the application of Albany Masonry Paint or other masonry coatings. It is an effective sealer for powdery and porous surfaces and leaves a sound base for subsequent coatings.
Remove all loose, chalking or flaking paint and other friable coatings by stiff brushing (not wire) or scraping to obtain a firm substrate. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. Treat areas containing organic growth with Albany Fungicidal Wash in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Cut open deep cracks and fill with a sand/cement mix. Fill minor cracks with a proprietary brand of exterior filler and allow to dry.
• Supplied ready for use by brush or roller. Apply one coat of Albany Stabilising Solution. Do not over brush but ensure wetting of all surfaces.
• Do not use over sealed areas or in situations where penetration is unlikely.
• Take care to protect plants etc., and avoid splashing any adjoining plastic fittings.
• One litre covers 4-6 square metres depending on the surface texture, porosity and the method of application.
• Spreading rate will be greatly reduced on highly textured surfaces.
• Surface dry in 2-3 hours. Recoatable after 16 hours with masonry paint.
• Clean equipment immediately after use with a proprietary cleaner.
• Do not apply when air or substrate temperature is likely to fall below 8°C or when relative humidity is above 80% during application or drying time.
Transportation and Storage
• Ensure this pack is stored upright and secure at all times. C Brewer & Sons Limited cannot accept liability for damage caused by spillage.
• Do not store below 5°C or above 40°C.