- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, HVLP Spray, Roller
- Up to 13sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior and exterior use
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany Metal Primer is recommended as an anti-corrosive, rust inhibiting primer for interior and exterior use on all ferrous metal substrates after thorough surface preparation. If necessary it can serve as a holding primer for up to 3 months. (For galvanised steelwork use Albany All Purpose Primer).
Remove all rust, millscale, loose and flaking material back to a firm edge by chipping, scraping and wire brushing. Feather off edges and ensure that the surface is free from grease. For best results, steel must be cleaned back to a bright metal and painted immediately. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
• Stir well before use.
• Brushing is recommended to provide better penetration of the product and adhesion to the substrate.
• One litre covers up to 13 sq metres depending on the method of application and surface roughness.
• Surface dry in 6-8 hours. Recoatable after 16 hours in normal drying conditions.
• Clean equipment immediately after use with a proprietary cleaner.
• Do not use in temperatures below 8°C.
Transportation and storage
• Ensure this pack is stored upright and secure at all times. C Brewer & Sons Limited cannot accept liability for damage caused by spillage.
• Protect this pack from temperatures below 5°C or above 40°C.