- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior and exterior use
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany Red Oxide Primer provides a good protection on interior and exterior ferrous metal surfaces. It is especially recommended where corrosion conditions are not exacting.
Remove all rust, millscale, loose and flaking material back to a firm edge by chipping, scraping and wire brushing. Feather off edges and ensure that the surface is free from rust, grease and dust. For best results steel must be cleaned back to a bright metal and painted immediately. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
• Stir well before use. Apply by brush or roller.
• One litre covers up to 15 sq metres depending upon surface texture, porosity and the method of application.
• Surface dry in 4-6 hours. Recoatable after 16 hours.
• Clean equipment immediately after use with a proprietary cleaner.
• Do not apply when air or substrate temperature is likely to fall below 8°C or when relative humidity is above 80% during application or drying period.
Transportation and storage
• Ensure this pack is stored upright and secure at all times. C Brewer & Sons Limited cannot accept liability for damage caused by spillage.
• Protect this pack from temperatures below 5°C or above 40°C.
• Keep out of direct sunlight.