- Application Methods
- Up to 17sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Aluminium Wood Primer
A solvent-based primer containing aluminium pigment suitable for use on all types of softwoods and hardwoods, inside and outside, especially those which are highly resinous. It can also be used as a sealer for aged creosoted or bitumen coated surfaces, or as a first coat when using Dulux Trade Aluminium Paint on timber where a two-coated aluminium system is required.
To get the best results, ensure surfaces to be painted are sound, clean and dry (new surfaces particularly must be fully dry).
- Brush only.
- For Health and Safety reasons related to all solvent-based paints, spray application is not recommended.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- After suitable surface preparation apply 1 or 2 coats of Dulux Trade Aluminium Wood Primer.
- Apply 2 coats of Dulux Trade Aluminium Wood Primer over highly resinous wood or when using over aged creosote or bitumen coated surfaces.
- Allow up to 24 hours between coats (48 hours on aged creosote or bitumen coated surfaces).
- Finish with an appropriate Dulux Trade paint system.
After use, remove as much paint as possible from brushes before cleaning with brush cleaner. Do not use or store in extremes of temperature. When this paint container is empty please ask your stockist about recycling.