- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Up to 9sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 4-8 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior use
- Brilliant White
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Johnstone's StainAway is an innovative, high opacity wall and ceiling paint. It contains stain blocking technology, permanently isolating and covering even the most persistent stains including smoke damage, nicotine damage and water stains in one coat. Johnstone's StainAway is a primer and finish in one product.
All surfaces to be painted should be clean, dry and free from loose and flaking material. Rub down previously painted surfaces with fine waterproof abrasive paper and rinse thoroughly. Where water damage has occurred, ensure the leak is fixed and the area is dry before painting. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Stir well.
- Easy to apply by brush or roller.
- Also suitable for application by spray. *For best results in one coat, apply the paint generously and evenly in line with the spreading rate of up to 9 square metres per litre.
- Avoid over spreading.
- Some strong or contrasting stains may require a further coat.
- Seal absorbent surfaces such as new plaster with a coat of Johnstone's StainAway thinned up to 20% with clean water.
- Do not apply in temperatures below 8°C or in damp conditions.