- Application Methods
- Up to 18sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Up to 10 years
- Rowan Black
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra and Flexible Primer Undercoat is a high performance exterior solvent-borne gloss system specially formulated to provide long lasting protection for exterior joinery. Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra provides exceptional durability to last up to 10 years. When applied to exterior wood it remains flexible in all weather conditions and is more resistant to cracking and flaking than traditional gloss. Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra contains a level of fungicide for the sole purpose of protecting the applied paint film.
Ensure surfaces are sound, dry, clean and free from loose and flaking materials, wax, grease and polish. Remove any loose or flaking materials.
For new wood: Ensure the wood is dry and in good condition. Smooth and round off sharp edges. Apply one coat of Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat followed by one or two coats of Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra.
For previously painted surfaces: All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from anything which may interfere with the adhesion of the materials to be applied. Wash with warm detergent solution, rinse well with clean water and allow to dry. Abrade with wet and dry abrasive paper to remove any surface contamination and provide a key. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Stir thoroughly before use. Always intermix packs for colour consistency.
- Please check for colour accuracy prior to application.
- Crown Paints is not liable for decorating costs caused as a result of an incorrect colour being applied.
- Apply by brush or roller evenly and liberally without overspreading.
- To the prepared surface apply one coat of Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat followed by one or two coats of Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra as necessary.
- Some strong colours may require an additional coat to ensure complete obliteration.
- On redecoration where the colour is unchanged, Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat is not required.
- Do not apply when air or substrate temperature is likely to fall below 5°C or when relative humidity is above 80% during application or drying period.
Spreading Capacity: Applied by brush on a surface of low porosity, coverage is up to 12-18m² per litre. Do not over apply.
Drying Time: In good conditions: Touch dry in 4-6 hours. Recoatable after 16-24 hours. Ensure previous coat is fully dry before application.
Cleaning: Clean brushes and equipment immediately with a proprietary cleaner.
Transportation and Storage
Ensure this pack is stored upright and secure at all times. Crown Paints Ltd cannot accept liability for damage caused by spillage. Protect this pack from temperatures below 5°C or above 40°C.