- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, HVLP Spray, Roller
- Up to 16sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- White Spirit
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Colour type
- White spirit or Brush cleaner
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Little Greene Tom's Oil Eggshell (Tinted) is available in 465 colours from the Little Greene Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
Directions for Use
A top quality modified flexible oil based opaque wood finish with a tough, hard wearing weather and UV resistant film with excellent flow, for use on exterior softwoods and hardwoods. Suitable for cladding, windows, doors, and other joinery. Conforms with BS 4310 Lead free.
Directions of use:
- Thinning should only take place after the material has been thoroughly mixed.
- Application and use should always conform with the codes of practice described in BS 6150 and BS 5493. Stir well before use.
- Thin with 0–5% white spirit as required.
- Lightly rubbing down between coats will remove any dust motes and other surface contamination, producing a near professional finish
- Application by brush, roller or spray.
New wood - Non preservative treated softwood timber should be preserved with a proprietary wood preserver. For best results on new, uncoated wood that is resinous in nature or contains resinous knots, apply two coats of aluminium wood primer to prevent staining and/or discolouration. All smooth planed timber should be thoroughly sanded and cleaned ensuring that the timber is dry and free of contamination and dust. Rough sawn timber should be cleaned free of dust and other debris or contamination. Proceed with two coats of Little Greene Tom’s Oil Eggshell.
Existing paint finish - Remove all loose and flaking paintwork. Degrease with a suitable detergent solution, such as sugar soap, followed by clean water rinse. Rub down thoroughly with a medium grade sand paper to provide a key and a defect free smooth surface, “feathering in” areas where paint has been removed. Make good any repairs, sand and apply a primer coat of Little Greene Aluminium Wood Primer to exposed surface as appropriate. Proceed with 2 coats of Little Greene Tom’s Oil Eggshell.
Metals - New ferrous metalwork should be hand, or mechanically cleaned, to remove any surface rust before application of Little Greene Traditional Oil Primer Undercoat. Non-ferrous metals must be pre-treated or primed with an appropriate proprietary primer.