- Application Methods
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Hammerite Special Metals Primer Red (Ready Mixed) is available in 1 colours from the Hammerite Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
- All surfaces must be clean and dry.
- Remove loose rust, flaking paint and the gloss from old paintwork by wire brushing and/or rubbing down with coarse abrasive paper.
- Treat any rusted patches with Hammerite Kurust.
- Degrease thoroughly with a detergent solution then rinse thoroughly with clean water and allow to dry.
- Stir paint thoroughly.
- Do not apply when there is a risk of rain, frost or if temperatures fall below 5°C.
- Hammerite Special Metals Primer is touch dry in 30 minutes (depending on weather conditions). Can be overcoated after only 2 hours.
- Hammerite Special Metals Primer can be overcoated with most paints.
Cleaning and Storage
- After use, remove as much paint as possible from brushes before cleaning with clean water.
- Do not use or store in extremes of temperature and protect from frost.