- Application Methods
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
- Ensure surface is clean and free from loose rust, paint, oil and grease.
- Shake container well and pour the required amount into a plastic container.
- Brush apply directly onto the rusty area, working well into any pitted areas, corners and edges. Avoid coating onto painted areas.
- Ensure exposed comers and edges are well treated and protected to prevent rust from creeping beneath the treated area.
- Watch as the Hammerite Kurust turns blue/black whilst reacting with the rust.
- Apply topcoat after 3 hours. Virtually all topcoats are suitable. If in doubt test a small area first. Treated surfaces should be top-coated for protection as soon as possible.
- Do not return any surplus Hammerite Kurust to the original container after use.
- Wash brushes and equipment in clean water immediately after use. Splashes onto surrounding paintwork and skin may cause staining - wash off with water immediately.
- Protect from frost and extremes of temperature.