- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, HVLP Spray, Roller
- Up to 10sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Bedec Extra-Flex Smooth Masonry is available in 9 colours from the Bedec Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
Bedec Extra-Flex Masonry paint is ideally suited for the protection of exterior masonry, roughcast, pebble-dash, brickwork, cement and concrete rendered surfaces. It can be applied to previously painted surfaces after suitable preparation. This modified acrylic blend is a flexible microporous protective coating that will flex with the substrate where movement causes cracking in conventional masonry paint. If less flexible coatings are applied over Extraflex they may crack. Ideal as an ANTI-CARBONATION coating to help prevent concrete spalling.
- Stir thoroughly, check colour before use.
- Apply by brush roller or spray (use HVLP or Airless spray for best results).
- Do not apply at temperatures below 10° Centigrade or when foggy or likely to rain before the paint has dried.
- Ensure all surfaces are free from oil, grease, dirt, dust and loose particles.
- On existing painted surfaces, remove all loose and flaking paint and thoroughly rub down with abrasive paper to provide a key, especially on smooth surfaces.
- Areas affected by mould, lichen, algae or moss should be treated with a suitable fungicidal wash.
- On untreated, new cement, render etc. or any porous substrate the first coat should be thinned with approx. 30-40% clean water,to prime the surface.
- Extra-Flex will bridge hairline cracks usually after the second coat although further coats may be necessary.
- Larger cracks will need to be cut out and filled with a flexible filler or taped.
- Then apply at least two full coats for maximum protection.
- Not recommended for Fletton, Stock brickwork or limewash.