- Stabilises the surface by driving out moisture.
- The flow of paint and adhesion are improved to prevent cracking and peeling.
- Uniformity and coverage are also increased by up to 25%.
- Application is by brush, roller or spray with coverage up to 18sq/m per litre.
- Touch dry in 12 hours and recoatable between 1-2 days.
- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, HVLP Spray, Roller
- Up to 18sq/m per litre
- Touch dry
- 12-24 hours
- 24-48 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior and Exterior use
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
OWATROL® OIL is a versatile, highly penetrating air drying oil that can be used alone or added to paint. Used alone it provides a tough, flexible finish, driving out excess moisture and air and displacing it from rusted metal, so stopping rust. Filling dry porous wood to stop paint peeling. Added to any oil or alkyd based coatings and it will give increased wet edge time, improved flow ability, greater adhesion and unlike damaging thinners, will maintain the inherent quality of the paint without affecting its appearance or drying times.
To condition paint:
1. Prepare surfaces as per instructions on paint can.
2. Apply paint.
3. If paint is sticky, sets-up or drags add OWATROL® OIL until the paint works smoothly, easily and evenly. Allow the brush, roller or spray to be your guide.
As a guide:
Topcoat: As required. Normally 5-20% by volume.
Undercoat: Up to 30% by volume.
Primer: Up to 50% by volume.
For damaged, soft or punky wood use OWATROL® OIL to form a firm foundation for the paint.
Apply OWATROL® OIL neat, 2-4 applications wet on wet, as fast as the wood will absorb it, wipe up any excess and allow to dry overnight (12 hrs). Apply paint as normal.
NOTE: OWATROL® OIL may be added to any coating where the clean up is with white spirit.
To treat rusted surfaces:
1. Ensure surface is dry and free from oil and grease.
2. Remove any loose or flaky material. Do not remove firm rust.
3. Apply OWATROL® OIL wet on wet, as fast as rust will absorb it until an-even sheen is achieved.
4. Leave to dry (24 hrs).
5. Apply finishing coats.
For lightly rusted surfaces use a mixture of 1 part OWATROL® OIL to 2 parts Metal Primer. Do not mix or overcoat OWATROL® OIL with paints containing «hot» solvents ie Xylene or two part coatings.
OWATROL® OIL ELIMINATES NUMEROUS PAINTING RELATED PROBLEMS AND HEADACHES.
As an additive (for any oil based paint, varnish etc..):
- Minimises or eliminates brushmarks.
- Makes Paint Flow - No Pull or Drag.
- Will not dull the gloss finish like white spirits.
- Increases hiding power especially on low hide colours like reds etc.
- Increases actual paint coverage by up to 25% or more.
- Makes paint stick.
- Eliminates peeling, on sills etc.
- Adds to paint quality for longer lasting finish.
- Keeps wet edge open longer. Ideal for Special Effects etc.
- Makes paint brushable in cold or warm conditions.