Remove all dirt and debris from the area to be coated. Wash area with a detergent and water solution, rinse with fresh water, and allow the surface to dry thoroughly. Remove any loose paint or previous coatings with a wire brush or sandpaper. Lightly sand glossy surfaces. Wipe the sanded surface clean when finished. Test previous coated material for compatibility before use.
- Use outdoors or in a well-ventilated area such as an open garage.
- Apply when temperature is between 50ºF and 90ºF (10 - 32ºC) and humidity is below 85% to ensure proper drying.
- Do not apply to surfaces, when heated, exceed 200ºF (93ºC).
- Avoid spraying in very windy and dusty conditions.
- Cover surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
- Shake aerosol vigorously for one minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle.
- If mixing ball fails to rattle DO NOT STRIKE CAN. Contact Rust-Oleum for technical support.
- A test spray on cardboard is recommended to obtain feel for the spray pattern.
- Hold the aerosol 8-18” (20 - 45 centimetre) from the surface and spray in short even strokes.
- It is recommended to apply a light first coat. Apply a second heavier coat to ensure proper coverage.
- A thicker film can be achieved by moving the nozzle closer to the surface.
- Initial spray may have some foaming or bubbling, but will dissipate as the coating dries.
- For best results, apply 2 coats.
- Allow to dry 15- 30 minutes between coats.