- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, Roller
- Up to 10sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Excellent resistance against cracking, blistering and flaking and protects against rain and severe weather. Zinsser AIICoat Exterior Satin (Solvent Based) provides a long lasting finish, is easy to apply and has excellent colour retention. It dries even in low temperatures so can be used all year round.
Surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free of any contamination that may interfere with adhesion. Remove all loose or peeling paint and chalky paint residue. Sand edges of any remaining paint film until smooth. Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960 paint surfaces as they may contain harmful lead. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. New concrete, masonry and other related surfaces must be cured at least 30 days before painting. Remove all existing mould and mildew before painting. To effectively remove mould and mildew, use Blackfriar Fungicidal Wash. Timber at risk from decay or insect attack should be treated with Blackfriar Clear Wood Preservative. Previously painted surfaces: Apply two coats of Zinsser AllCoat® Exterior Satin (Solvent Based). Very hard or glossy surfaces should be abraded and degreased before applying 2 coats of Zinsser AIICoat® Exterior Satin (Solvent Based). New or Bare Surfaces: Concrete, masonry, brick, wood, PVC and metal (iron, steel, aluminium, galvanized) apply two coats of Zinsser AllCoat® Exterior Satin (Solvent Based). Before painting, fill all nail holes and gouges. Where necessary, spot prime knots and sap streaks with Zinsser B-I-N® Primer-Sealer.
- Shake or stir well before using.
- Apply with synthetic bristle brush, roller or sprayer.
- For airless spraying, use a 017" tip and high-medium (2000-2500 PSI) pressure.
- Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 5°-32°C and humidity is less than 85%.
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight and maintain a "wet edge" to avoid lapping.