- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller
- Up to 6sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Do not thin
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Water & Detergent
Surfaces to be treated should be sound, clean, dry and free from loose flaking materials, oil and grease stains. Any surface mould or fungal growths should be pre-treated with a fungicidal wash and allowed to dry before Sandtex Brickwork Waterproofer & Protector is applied. Surface defects such as weak mortar joints or cracks should be either re-pointed or repaired prior to use. Masonry should ideally be cleaned back to bare brick, mortar or render to maximise the effect of the treatment. Blockwork may contain too many cavities to enable complete waterproofing.
- Shake vigorously before use and apply liberally using a brush or roller to all areas.
- A second coat is usually required and should be applied within an hour of the first, then leave for 24 hours.
- Drying time will depend on surface porosity and ambient temperature conditions, but usually allow 4 to 6 hours and avoid any pooling of the treatment on horizontal surfaces.
- Highly porous surfaces may require a further application to achieve a higher degree of water-repellency.
- This product is supplied ready to use and should not be diluted.
- Do not apply when the outside temperature fa:Is below 10° (50° F) or when rainfall is imminent.
- Ideally a test patch should be treated with Sandtex Brickwork Waterproofer & Protector in a discreet location to ensure that the masonry surface colour will not be excessively darkened, Sandtex Brickwork Waterproofer & Protector will only be effective on bare, clean masonry and should not be applied over sealed or pointed surfaces.