- Suitable for doors, trim and joinery.
- Provides a microporous finish resistant to cracking and peeling for up to 5 years.
- Application is by brush with coverage up to 16sq/m per litre.
- Recoatable between 16-24 hours.
- Application Methods
- Up to 16sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- 12-24 hours
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
Johnstone's Satin Woodstain has been specially formulated for smooth timber joinery such as doors, windows, fascia boards, cladding and garden furniture, to provide a satin, microporous finish that highlights the natural grain of the wood. It is especially beneficial when used on exterior joinery (hardwood or softwood) but can also be used on interior wood and as a maintenance coat over previously stained wood. Johnstone's Satin Woodstain has a BBA approved 5 year guarantee when used as part of a system (see application). For maximum protection on new and bare wood first apply Johnstone's All Purpose Preserver.
Ensure all surfaces to be stained are sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, polish or any other surface contaminant. Remove any resins and natural oils using White Spirit. Sound, existing varnish should be rubbed down with fine waterproof abrasive paper, rinsed thoroughly and allowed to dry. Avoid inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead.
- First treat new or bare wood with Johnstone's All Purpose Preserver.
- Then apply Johnstone's Satin Woodstain ensuring it is stirred thoroughly prior to use.
- Apply evenly by brush along the wood grain, as required, paying particular attention to the end grain.
- Two coats are recommended for normal protection.
- A third coat may be required where extreme weather conditions exist and to fully complete the system.
PLEASE NOTE: The final colour will depend on the original colour of the wood and the number of coats applied. The colour label on this tin indicates approximate colour only.