- Application Methods
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Up to 7 years
- Colour type
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
Sadolin Beautiflex Opaque Woodstain (Tinted) is available in 542 colours from the Sadolin Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
Sadolin Beautiflex Solvent Opaque Woodstain provides a beautiful, flexible finish for exterior wood. The microporous formulation enables the substrate to move, resisting cracking, peeling and flaking, which in turn provides long lasting protection for up to 7 years*. Sadolin Beautiflex offers a solid colour finish with excellent opacity, superb colour retention and superior weather resistance, particularly to UV and water. Highly durable and easy to apply Sadolin Beautiflex is the perfect solution for exterior wood protection.
We recommend a trial application before you start. The final colour will depend on the original colour and condition of the wood and the number of coats applied.
- New or bare wood: Timber exposed to the weather for 4 weeks or more should be sanded back to a clean sound surface. Wipe down bare timber with a cloth dampened with methylated spirits. Cellulose thinners should be used on oily timber such as Teak/Iroko. Do not use white spirit. If using a non-durable timber treat with Sadolin Wood Preserver before using a woodstain. For best results all decking boards should be coated all round prior to fixing.
- Previously painted or varnished surfaces: Strip bare and treated as new wood.
- Previously woodstained surfaces: Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from contaminants. Any loose, flaking coating should be removed by use of a scraper or abrasive paper. Any grey denatured timber should be mechanically sanded back to a clean sound surface. Any mould and algal growth must be eradicated using a suitable fungicide/algicide. Wash surfaces with a mild detergent and rinse with clean water. Allow to fully dry. Wipe all surfaces with a cloth dampened with methylated spirits. As with new wood preparation oily timbers require wiping with ceullulose thinners. As with all coatings, preparation is key and poor preparation will result in poor coating performance.
- Stir well before and during application with a suitable stirring instrument.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 8°C or above 25°C, in damp conditions or when rain is imminent.
- Apply 2 to 3 coats depending on the finish and depth of colour required.
- For best results use a synthetic bristle brush.
- Avoid over brushing as this will result in brush marks.
- Lightly denib between coats if there is any raised grain.
- Special attention should be taken to ensure freshly sawn ends of decking boards are thoroughly treated with a suitable preservative.
- Due to the high levels of weathering and abrasion that decks are exposed to, maintenance may be required as frequently as every year.