- Application Methods
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
Albany Eggshell Varnish produces a clear, highly durable finish on interior woodwork. It is easy to apply, washable and resists knocks, scratches and marks from hot drinks.
Surfaces to be varnished must be clean, dry and free from any wax, grease or dust. All loose material and defective paint must be removed.
- Existing Varnish: Wash down with liquid detergent solution. Thoroughly abrade while damp with a fine grade Wet & Dry abrasive paper in the direction of the grain. Rinse with clean water. Allow to dry.
- New Woodwork: De-oil resinous woods with methylated spirits and allow to dry. Rub down with a fine grade Wet & Dry abrasive paper in the direction of the grain and dust off.
Any grey or denatured timber should be sanded back to a clean smooth surface. Wood should have a moisture content of below 18%. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Use a good quality brush.
- For best results apply two coats over existing varnish or three coats on new woodwork, rubbing down lightly between coats.
- Avoid using during periods of high humidity or in temperatures below 8°C.
- One litre covers up to 15 sq metres depending upon surface texture, porosity and the method of application.
- Touch dry after 6 hours. Recoatable after 16 hours.
- Clean equipment immediately after use with a proprietary cleaner.