- Application Methods
- Brush, Cloth
- Over 20sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Do not thin
- Touch dry
- 4-8 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior and exterior use
- Light Oak
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
Blackfriar Wood Dye Matt (Ready Mixed) is available in 9 colours from the Blackfriar Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
Wood should be new, bare and sanded to a smooth surface. Oily woods should be cleaned with white spirit prior to application. Any excess resinous deposits around knots should be scraped off and the area cleaned with white spirit.
Building regulations require that all new timber is treated with a wood preservative.
- Stir thoroughly prior to use.
- Apply evenly using a clean, lint free cloth working quickly along the grain of the wood.
- More coats can be applied to achieved the desired colour as long as there is suction left in the wood.
- For exterior projects apply Blackfriar Polyurethane Clear Varnish as a protective topcoat.
- The wood dye must be sealed with a White French Polish prior to applying a wax or French Polish.
- Test compatibility on a small test area prior to application to the whole area.
- Thinning - Maximum 5% white spirit.
Remove as much product as possible from application equipment before washing with white spirit.
Do not empty into drains or water courses. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings.