- Application Methods
- Up to 13sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 12-24 hours
- 003 less
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
Sikkens Cetol TSI Satin Plus Satin is available in 3 colours from the Sikkens Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
Degrease any exposed bare timber surface by wiping with a cloth dampened with methylated spirits. Certain timber species contain high levels of natural wood extractives or exudates and some softwoods can be highly resinous. Resinous deposits should be removed with a scraper. Any remaining residues should be removed with a lint-free cloth dampened with methylated spirits, frequently changing the face of the cloth. Allow solvent to evaporate fully before overcoating. The use of both eye and hand protection is strongly advised.
Ensure product is thoroughly stirred before and during application, otherwise colour and sheen variations may be experienced. Cetol TSI Satin plus is supplied ready for use and does not require thinning.
- For best results use a good quality, long haired soft bristle brush.
- 3 coats of Cetol TSI Satin plus should be applied, allowing a minimum of 16 hours drying time between coats.
- The product should be applied in a full flowing coat, laying off in the direction of the grain, using the minimum number of brushstrokes necessary to produce an acceptable finish.
- Avoid overbrushing, as this will produce brush marks and a poor quality finish.
- Apply to a minimum wet film thickness of 54 micrometres.