- Ensure the area is well ventilated during use and curing time. If using in doors ensure all doors and windows are open.
- The filler should be mixed with the catalyst in the following proportions: Use a pea sized amount of catalyst to a golf ball sized amount of filler. Mix thoroughly with a spatula or knife using a spreading action, until no streaks remain and the colour is uniform.
- Apply the mixed paste immediately to the area to be repaired. A thin coating should be knifed well in, followed by enough paste to fill the repair, leaving slightly proud to allow for rubbing down.
- At normal temperatures the mix will have a working time of about 10 minutes. After 20 minutes the mix will be hard enough to carve into shape using a sharp modelling knife. After 30 minutes it is hard enough to be planed, filed or sanded.
- Additional amounts of catalyst or high temperatures will accelerate the hardening of Ronseal High Performance Wood Filler. Less catalyst or lower temperatures will have the opposite effect.
- The hardened wood filler may be painted with most types of paint to produce a tough, durable repair.
- Do NOT put unused mixture back in the tin.
Tools may be cleaned with cellulose thinners before the wood filler has hardened. Remove as much product from application equipment prior to cleaning.