- Application Methods
- Filling knife
A lightweight, easy to use filler, specially formulated for use on wood and masonry with the Weathershield paint systems. It has superior flexbility and adhesion, giving it excellent resistance to shrinkage and cracking. When dry, Weathershield Exterior Flexible Filler is easy to rub down smooth, ready for painting.
For the best results, ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from all defective or poorly adhering material.
- Filling knife or other suitable tool.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- This product does not require thinning, but may be made easier to use by adding a few drops of clean water and then mixing to a stiff paste.
- Dampen the area to be made good, using a clean damp sponge and then press the filler firmly into the defect using a clean filling knife.
- Leave a small excess of the filler to allow for any sinkage and rub down smooth when dry.
- Drying time is variable depending on the depth of repair and will take significantly longer in cold, damp conditions, but allow at least overnight before rubbing down.