Albany Masonry paint is a smooth and durable water borne matt masonry coating.
Suitable for exterior surfaces such as concrete rendering, brickwork, pebbledash, rough cast, building blocks and stone (except common fletton bricks).
It has excellent adhesion qualities, good colour retention and resists flaking.
Durable, flexible smooth matt finish.
Weather resistant coating for exterior masonry.
Covers 10m² per litre.
Recoatable after 4 hours - touch dry in 2 hours.
Protects against organic growth and resists flaking.
Apply by brush using a good quality masonry brush.
When applying by roller a long pile woven sleeve is recommended.
Can be airless sprayed (thinning with water is required).
When using on a porous surface prime with Albany Stabilising Solution for best results
Available in 2.5lt and 5lt sizes in colours and 2.5lt, 6lt and 10lts in Brilliant White and Magnolia.
Colours available – Brilliant White, Magnolia, 180+ colours including colours from the Traditions range and the BS4800 range.
- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, Roller
- Up to 10sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 8-12 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Up to 10 years
- Brilliant White
- Colour type
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Albany Smooth Masonry Paint is a durable water borne matt masonry coating. Suitable for exterior surfaces such as concrete rendering, pebbledash rough cast, building blocks and stone. Do not use on common or fletton type brick or engineering bricks.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease or dust. All loose material or defective paint must be removed by scraping and brushing using a stiff nylon brush. All cracks should be cut open. If green algae, moss or fungal growth are present, surfaces must be treated with Albany Fungicidal Wash. Remove dead growth, re-treat with a further coat of Albany Fungicidal Wash if required. Allow to dry thoroughly. Fill cracks with a 3:1 sand/cement mixture and allow to dry out completely. Old lime and chalky surfaces must be treated with Albany Stabilising Solution and allowed to dry for 16 hours before applying Albany Smooth Masonry Paint. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
- Stir well before use. Apply by brush, roller or spray.
- For best results a minimum of 2 coats are recommended.
- Avoid using during periods of high humidity or in temperatures below 8°C.
- One litre covers up to 10 sq metres, depending upon surface texture, porosity and the method of application.
- On highly textured surfaces the spreading rate may be greatly reduced.
- Surface dry in 2 hours. Recoatable after 4 hours.
- Clean equipment immediately after use with water.