- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, Roller
- Up to 16sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Up to 15 years
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Sandtex Trade High Cover Smooth is specially formulated for the professional user, it goes further and is easier to apply than fine textured masonry paints. Based on a highly durable resin binder and high performance pigments, Sandtex Trade High Cover Smooth will give excellent obliteration and long lasting protection. By using two coats of Sandtex Trade High Cover Smooth and where necessary, products such as Sandtex Trade Fungicide and Sandtex Trade Stabilising Solution, you are assured of an economical long lasting finish.
For new or porous sound surfaces, apply 1 coat of Sandtex Trade High Cover Smooth diluted 40% by volume with clean water, as a primer. Any faults in old surfaces must be rectified. Particular attention should be given to those which may lead to moisture penetration. Minor defects should be repaired with Sandtex Trade Exterior Easiplast. All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from anything that may interfere with the adhesion of the materials to be applied. Sound gloss paint should be thoroughly abraded to provide a key. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. Loose or flaking material should be removed by scraping and brushing back to a firm sound surface with a stiff bristle brush (not wire). Organic growth must be removed by scraping or brushing with a stiff bristle brush (not wire), and applying Sandtex Trade Fungicide in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. Chalking, weathered and friable surfaces should be brushed down and treated with a liberal application of Sandtex Trade Stabilising Solution. Allow at least 16 hours before painting.
- Stir well before use.
- Apply with a masonry paint brush, exterior roller or by airless spray.
- It is recommended that two coats of Sandtex Trade High Cover Smooth masonry paint are used to achieve maximum durability.
- Do not apply when there is a risk of rain, frost or if the temperature will fall below 8°C during application and drying period.
- Please check for colour accuracy prior to application.
- Crown Paints is not liable for decorating costs caused as a result of an incorrect colour being applied.
- Always intermix packs for colour consistency.
- Note: If necessary Sandtex Trade High Cover Smooth may be thinned by up to 10% with clean water for airless spray application (21 thou tip 65° angle).