- Application Methods
- Airless Spray, Brush, HVLP Spray, Roller
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 12-24 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Up to 10 years
- Charcoal Grey
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Low Sheen
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat provides the ideal base on which to apply Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra or Sandtex Trade Eggshell X-tra. Specially formulated to provide long lasting protection for exterior joinery as it seals the wood, the primer can also be used over suitably primed metal. Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat contains an increased level of fungicide for the sole purpose of protecting the applied paint film.
Ensure surfaces are sound, dry, clean and free from loose and flaking materials, wax, grease and polish. Remove any loose or flaking materials.
For bare wood: Ensure the wood is dry and in good condition. Any grey or denatured timber will need sanding back to a clean smooth surface. Smooth and round off sharp edges.
For previously painted surfaces: All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from anything which may interfere with the adhesion of the materials to be applied. Wash with warm detergent solution, rinse well with clean water and allow to dry.
Abrade with wet and dry abrasive paper to remove any surface contamination and provide a key. Avoid the inhalation of dust Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
For metal surfaces: This system can be applied to suitably primed metal surfaces. Do not apply if there is a risk of rain or if air/surface temperature is likely to fall below 8°C or when the relative humidity is above 80% during the application or drying period.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- Apply by brush or roller evenly and liberally without overspreading.
- To the prepared surface apply one coat of Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat followed by one or two coats of Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra or Sandtex Trade Eggshell X-tra as necessary.
- Some strong colours may require an additional coat to ensure complete obliteration.
- On redecoration where the colour is unchanged, Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat is not required.
Spreading Capacity: Applied by brush on a surface of low porosity, coverage is approximately 15m² per litre. Drying
Time: Touch dry 4-6 hours. Recoatable after 16 hours in normal drying conditions.
Cleaning: Clean brushes and equipment immediately with a proprietary cleaner.
Transportation and Storage
Ensure this pack is stored upright and secure at all times. Crown Paints Ltd cannot accept liability for damage caused by spillage. Do not store below 5°C or above 40°C.