- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller
- Up to 15sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Not Recommended
- Touch dry
- 4-6 hours
- 12-24 hours
- Suitable for...
- Exterior use
- Colour type
- Brush cleaner or White spirit
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
Sandtex Trade Eggshell X-tra is a high-performance exterior solvent-borne eggshell finish specially formulated to provide long lasting protection for exterior joinery and suitably primed metal.
Ensure surfaces are sound, dry, clean and free from loose and flaking materials, wax, grease and polish.
For new wood; ensure the wood is dry and in good condition. Smooth and round off edges. Apply one coat of Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat.
For new metal; ensure the metal is clean, dry and free from any residues. Apply one coat of Sandtex Trade Rust Inhibiting Primer. Allow to dry and apply one coat of Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat. For galvanised steel refer to the manufacturers guidelines.
For previously painted surfaces; all surfaces must be clean, dry and free from anything which may interfere with the adhesion of the materials to be applied. Wash with warm detergent solution, rinse well with clean water and allow to dry. Abrade with wet and dry abrasive paper to remove any surface contamination and to provide a key. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding. Apply one coat of Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat. For metal surfaces only, spot prime where necessary with Sandtex Trade Rust Inhibiting Primer prior to application of the undercoat. For further advice contact the manufacturer.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- Always intermix packs for colour consistency.
- Please check for colour accuracy prior to application.
- Crown Paints is not liable for decorating costs caused as a result of an incorrect colour being applied.
- Apply by brush or roller evenly and liberally without overspreading.
- To the prepared surface apply one or two coats of Sandtex Trade Eggshell X-tra as necessary.
- Some strong colours may require an additional coat to ensure complete obliteration.
- On redecoration, where the colour is unchanged, Sandtex Trade Flexible Primer Undercoat is not required.
- Do not apply if there is a risk of rain or if air/surface temperature is likely to fall below 8°C or when the relative humidity is above 80% during the application or drying period.
Spreading Capacity: Applied by brush on a surface of low porosity, coverage is approximately 15m² per litre. Drying Time: Touch dry 4-6 hours. Re-coatable after 16 hours in normal drying conditions.
Cleaning: Clean brushes and equipment with a proprietary cleaner.
Transportation and Storage
Ensure this pack is stored upright and secure at all times. Crown Paints Ltd cannot accept liability for damage caused by spillage. Do not store below 5°C or above 40°C.