- Application Methods
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Up to 13sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 4-8 hours
- Suitable for...
- Interior and Exterior use
- Red Oxide
- Colour type
- Ready Mixed
- Water & Detergent
* Colours on screen may vary from actual paint
BEDEC Metal Primer is a specially formulated water based metal primer that can be used on almost any metal surface inside and out, prior to over painting with BEDEC water based paints.
Ensure surfaces to be painted are clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, grease and wax. Remove all loose and defective paint. Special precautions should be taken during the preparation of pre 1960's paint surfaces as they may contain harmful lead. Mould, algae and fungal growth should be treated with a fungicidal wash and removed. Smooth or shiny surfaces should be lightly abraded to provide a key. On mild steel remove as much rust as possible, (preferably cleaning to Swedish standard SA1/2) and coat within 2 hours. Allow galvanised one month to weather before painting. Can be finally overpainted with all Bedec paints and most decorative paints when dry.
- Ensure air and surface temperature is above 8° Centigrade during application and drying, otherwise drying and film formation can be affected; also on mild steel the appearance of flash rusting may occur especially if below the dew point.
- Stir well, check colour before use.
- Apply by brush, roller or spray.
- In most cases only one coat of primer is required but occasionally a second coat may be required to ensure maximum durability and build.
- Not recommended for application to floors or decks, or to surfaces subject to immersion or prolonged contact with water.