- 56cm x 20m
Before application, check that all rolls are undamaged and that you have sufficient wallcovering to complete the job. If any fault is found, return the wallcovering and labels to the place of purchase. We are not liable for faulty application. This does not affect your statutory rights. Follow the instructions carefully.
- Make sure application surfaces are sound, clean and dry. Absorbent surfaces (e.g. new plaster) should be sized. Painted surfaces should be sanded.
- Mark a straight line on the wall to position the first length by using a plumb line. Lining paper should be applied at 90 to the final wallcovering. This normally means it should be applied horizontally.
- Measure and cut lengths, allowing extra for trimming at either end.
- Apply the adhesive evenly, ensuring the edges are covered.
- Fold lengths but do not crease, and leave each length to soak for the same period of time until pliable.
- Apply the first length to the guideline. Smooth down with a brush and trim. Remove any adhesive from the face of the paper using a sponge and clean water.
- Allow to dry completely before applying final wallcovering or coating with emulsion.
We recommend a good quality ready mixed adhesive, such as Albany Super Smooth Adhesive.
Recommended Soaking Times
Grade 1000: 6-10 minutes
Grade 1200: 8-12 minutes
Grade 1400: 8-12 minutes
Grade 1700: 8-12 minutes
Grade 2000: 8-12 minutes
To minimise the hazard in the event of fire, do not apply wallcoverings over expanded polystyrene veneers and ensure the wallcoverings are always firmly stuck down, as loose wallcoverings may contribute to the hazard. Surfaces painted prior to 1960 may contain lead pigments and special precautions should be taken when preparing these surfaces.