- Application Methods
- Up to 12sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Water & Detergent
Johnstones Trade Quick Dry Opaque Wood Finish Ebony is available in 2056 colours from the Johnstones Trade Colour Cards.
Always ask your client to try their colour choice on the wall first. Colour cards and emulsion sample pots are available at your local Brewers or at designerpaint.com
Ensure all timber to be treated is sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, polish or any other surface contaminant.
Treat any mould or lichen with a fungicidal wash as directed.
Sand smooth natural planed wood and wipe clean with White Spirit to remove any natural oils or resins and allow to dry.
Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
Special precaution should be taken during surface preparation of pre 1960s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead.
- Stir thoroughly before and during use.
- Ensure gloves are worn during application to avoid staining of hands.
- Apply by brush working well into the timber along the grain.
- Usually one coat will be sufficient, unless on rough or badly cracked timber when two coats should be applied.
- The final colour achieved will depend on the colour and porosity of the timber and the number of coats applied.
- Do not apply when temperature is below 10˚C or when rain is imminent.
Remove as much product as possible from brushes before cleaning.
Clean brushes immediately after use with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Replace lid firmly.
Do not empty product into drains or watercourses.