- Application Methods
- Up to 20sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Water & Detergent
Untreated Floors: Punch in all nails and fill holes with an appropriate shade. All traces of old waxes, polishes, oils or paints must be completely removed. Sand the floor, preferably with a machine sander in the direction of the grain. Wood block floors should be sanded twice in two directions at right angles to each other. Start with a medium grade sandpaper and complete with 120 grade sandpaper, ensuring that the edges of the room are well sanded.
Avoid inhaling dust by wearing a suitable face mask. Allow dust to settle and remove by vacuuming. Wipe over with white spirit and allow to dry thoroughly.
Previously Varnished or Pre-finished Floors: Ensure that the surface is clean and free from wax, polish or other contaminants. Thoroughly abrade to form a key using 120 grade sandpaper or wet and dry paper. Remove dust by vacuuming and wipe over with white spirit and allow to dry. Varnish in poor condition should be completely removed.
Test a small area first for coating adhesion and/or compatibility prior to treating the whole floor.
- Stir thoroughly prior to use.
- Apply in a warm well ventilated room.
- Using a wide brush apply evenly in the direction of the wood grain.
- Apply to 3-4 boards at a time to avoid overlaps.
- Apply a minimum of 3 coats leaving two hours between coats. Prior to application of the final coat, lightly rub down with 240 grade abrasive paper, wipe over with a damp cloth and allow to dry.
All tools and equipment should be cleaned immediately after use by washing in water and detergent. Remove as much product as possible from tools and equipment before washing.