Problem Solver - Wax
To paint a surface previously treated with wax which is a product normally produced from beeswax typically to protect and polish interior wood work.
Stage 1 - Preparation
Use methylated spirit and wire wool to remove traces of wax
Bird Brand Methylated Spirit 500ML
- For thinning and cleaning of compatible products. Ideal for use with shellac-based primers, coatings and finishes.
Abrade with 100 grit abrasive paper to create a key
Flexovit Glasspaper Sheet Grade F2
- F2 - very fine hand sanding sheets, ideal for general purpose applications.
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Apply a suitable primer
Albany Wood Primer White 1L
- Good flow, excellent adhesion, for interior and exterior use
Apply a suitable undercoat
Albany Undercoat White 1L
- Excellent covering power, finish for interior and exterior use on wood and metal. Perfect for new work and redecoration.
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply a suitable topcoat
Albany Gloss Brilliant White 1L
- Oil based, high opacity, gloss finish for interior and exterior woodwork & metalwork