- Up to 10sq/m per litre
- VOC level
- Touch dry
- 1-4 hours
- 1-4 hours
- Water & Detergent
Prior to application the surface should be pre-treated with a waterbourne primer. Ensure the floor is acclimatized to its end-use environment, well sanded, dry and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination. Allow varnish and hardener to reach room temperature, insert filter and shake the container thoroughly before use.
Preparation of previously varnished floors - Bona Mega can with an addition of 2% Bona Crosslinker be used for overcoating previously varnished floors (for factory pre-finished floors use Bona Traffic) but the intercoat adhesion must always be checked prior to use. Floors treated with wax, polish or similar can not be overcoated. Prior to application, the floor should be treated with Bona Prep.
- Apply the varnish using a roller.
- Roll with a smooth flowing motion alternately across and with the grain of the wood avoiding accumulations of product.
- Always maintain a 'wet edge' to avoid overlaps.
- Allow to dry before applying further layers of varnish.
- Anticipate slightly longer drying time for each layer that is applied.
The floor will take light foot traffic approximately 8 hours after the final application. Allow the surface to dry for at least 1 week before covering with carpets or other floor coverings, or loading with heavy objects. Also avoid damp mopping the floor during this time.