Problem Solver - Chalky painted surface
Previous paint system has weathered over a period of time causing the surface to become chalky or if untreated over a period of time the weather has eroded the fabric of the building / structure
Stage 1 - Preparation
Dry brush the surface down using a stiff bristle brush to remove any loose materials
ProDec Masonry Cleaning Brush
- Durable palmryrah fibre churn brush which is ideal for masonry and brickwork preparation.
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
If painted, check for cracks or areas of blown render where water could penetrate such as behind down pipes and gutters and make good.
Brewers Exterior Filler 2KG
- Sets 5 times harder than concrete within 1 hour.
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Once the surface is clean and all chalk has been removed, treat with a Stabilising Solution and allow to dry.
Albany Stabilising Solution Clear 2.5L
- A penetrating sealer for masonry surfaces, in one coat
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply a suitable topcoat
Albany Smooth Masonry Brilliant White 7.5L
- Durable, flexible, smooth, matt finish, weather resistant coating for exterior masonry.